Since the beginning of 2009, most of the areas in Aegina town don't have FREE parking anymore in the daytime. You can buy your parking ticket at the local kiosk. There are 2 different parking areas. The parking spaces in the harbour, within the fence, need different tickets as the parking spaces in the town (outside the fence). The tickets for the harbour area are only available at the kiosk at the main gate of the harbour.
Advantage of this new system: easier to find a parking place in the centre of Aegina!
Half hour parking ticket harbour - € 0,50
One hour parking ticket harbour - € 1,00
One hour parking ticket Aegina town - € 0,50
Day parking ticket Aegina town - € 2,00
note: NO day parking tickets available for the harbour.
FREE parking areas
There are a couple of areas where you can park your cark for FREE:
- The 2 parking areas opposite the Kolono Archeological site & playground.
NOT allowed anymore to park your car for weeks, months etc.
- The parking area at Faros. You can park your car and take the FREE circle bus to the town and back.
Map of parking area's Aegina town
Blue parking areas:
- It's NOT allowed anymore to park your car on the AVRA beach,
no cars at all allowed anymore
- The parking area, next to the former jail, is NOT a FREE area anymore.
- The street next to the football stadium has NO FREE parking anymore.
- It's not allowed anymore to park your motorbike in front of the cafetaria's on the harbour site. There are now special area's, where you can park your motorbike. Next to the ferry ticketoffices, and in some area's next to the cafetaria's.
- The main shopping street in Aegina town, Afeas, is closed for cars & motorbikes during the day from 10:00 until 20:00
- Every evening in summertime - the boulevard of Aegina town is closed for traffic. Monday - saturday from 21:00 - 00:30
and on sunday from 22:00 - 00:30.
Red parking areas:
for motor bikes
only for pedestrians